We’ve now made it much easier to gain deeper insight into IdeaScale users by giving you the ability to add questions (or custom fields) to a profile. Now you can add basic questions to the new user registration form. For example, you can ask your users such questions as “What is your zip code?” or “What is your age?”. In addition, we’ve added the ability to export this user data out to an Excel spreadsheet for offline analytics.
To add custom fields to your users profile:
- Login to your IdeaScale.com community.
- Choose the community you’d like to edit.
- Click the “Settings” tab
- Click the “Custom Fields” link in the left navigation bar.
- Choose “Add New User Custom Field” (or “Add New Custom Field” to add custom fields to an idea)
- Type in the label and choose the type of question.