Jefferey Feldman from the Daily Kos just put out a blog entry launching AskTheSpeaker.org — A crowdsourced question collection tool for a Q&A session with the Speaker – Nancy Pelosi.
What was cool about this launch?
- Gina Cooper – The organizer for the event (NetRoots Nation) contacted me yesterday around 1PM PST.
- We talked for about 10 minutes and realized that our standard offering of the URL (xyz.ideascale.com) will not work – We needed something more customized so that the IdeaScale portal can be hosted in a new/separate domain –in this case askthespeaker.org.
- We helped her setup the DNS for askthespeaker.org and made internal changes so our servers start responding to that URL.
- By 5PM yesterday we were ready.
- The site was launched today and publicized on the Daily Kos in the morning.
In less than 24 hours of initial contact Gina and I were able to understand each others position and get agreement and launch a pilot project.
Here is one idea Gina suggested —
- Being able to customize the “New Idea” button
If we get more requests for creating these “Ask The [Person]” portals, then we can probably come up with another template for such portals and make it happen.
Meanwhile, if you have questions for Nancy Pelosi – Go here and submit it. Gina and Jefferey will be moderating a Q&A with her and might choose your question.