Last week we launched (in beta) a new feature for sending SMS text messages as an enhancement to the Action Alerts. This is our first foray into the world of SMS communication — although this is not caught up in the US (at least as much as other places like the UK and India) text messaging in the US is up and coming.
We believe that SMS based communication will start becoming even more popular as the big wireless carriers (At&T/Cingular, Verizon and T-Mobile) move to unlimited text messaging plans.
Now, back to the implementation of the SMS Action Alerts — This allows administrators to get notified in real-time (via SMS) when users respond to a survey in a particular way. For example, if users are very dissatisfied and respond so in your survey, administrators can get notified in real-time about this.
This is our first application of our SMS platform. Soon we’ll be launching an SMS polling tool to complement MicroPoll that will allow users to send and receive polls. This is part of our product roadmap and will be released towards the end of Q2.
SMS Action Alerts
- Follow IdeaScale Blog on WordPress.com
- An innovation program should take #socialresponsibility into account... especially in #government.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- If you're creating #change - make sure it's change for the better: bit.ly/3kHZPb5 https://t.co/NxOpKQWBai 2 days ago
- Does your #innovationprogram need a new set of #metrics? ideascale.com/why-innovation… https://t.co/VcMaKY3NDb 3 days ago
- We weighed in on this article about making a successful #voiceofemployee program. Get these five tips!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- When everything is in flux, nurturing the #innovatorsmindset can be a #differentiator for your organization.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago